09 Jul The Penalties Of A DUI Case In Las Vegas PT. 3
Award Winning DUI Attorney Walks You Through The Penalties Of A DUI Case In Las Vegas
I know how a DUI can turn your world upside down. Your future and freedom is at stake after being arrested and criminally charged in Nevada. DUI laws in Nevada are extremely strict and can have lasting consequences. Perhaps one of the most frustrating aspects of getting charged with a DUI, is not knowing the process. For that reason award winning DUI attorney Ryan Alexander walks us through the process of a DUI case in Las Vegas.
When it rains it pours, so you better have a good umbrella
As we go through the process of a DUI case in Las Vegas, just know that you are not alone in this. I have quickly and expertly handled hundreds of DUI cases in the courts of Clark County, Nevada. You will personally meet with me, an award winning Nevada licensed attorney Also, your case will be handled by me. We will sit down together in a free consultation and fully advise you of all your rights, the criminal and civil penalties that you’re facing, and the likely outcomes.
I understand your situation
My mother taught me that good people make mistakes. So I’m here to make sure that you get the best protection and representation available. However, experience alone won’t be enough to protect you against the penalties you face. You need hard-hitting tactics that have been specially designed to address the unique needs of your case.
Penalties Of A DUI Case In Las Vegas PT. 3
This is where we pick up from part 2 of what is the process of a DUI case in Las Vegas. If you haven’t read part 2 you can click here to read it. If you haven’t read part 1 you can click here for part 1.
What happens with the DMV when I’m charged with a DUI?
Will I lose my license?
My job as your attorney is to help you keep your license if it is possible. The DMV proceeding is not a criminal procedure and their standards are much broader (making it more likely that your license will be suspended). I will tell you based on your facts the likelihood of victory and advise you accordingly. I do not charge you for DMV defense proceedings unless it is needed. How the process works is different depending on which test you take at the police station: breath or blood.
if the breathalyzer returns a reading of 0.08 or higher, the Nevada DMV will automatically suspend your license for 90 days, and your license will be considered suspended immediately. The police will give you a sheet of paper advising you of this with instructions (it’s usually pink in color). From this date, you have 10 days to request a hearing at the DMV, which I will handle if you meet with me early enough. The DMV will set the hearing one month after they get a request. During that time you are waiting for the hearing, your license will be valid. You can get a restricted license to travel to work, shopping and church after 45 days of suspension.
blood test results will take several months to be returned to the police and sent to the DMV. You should check in with the DMV occasionally to make sure that they have not sent a notice already, and you need to be absolutely certain that they have your current address on file, or you may not get the notice at all. If the blood lab returns a reading of 0.08 or higher, the Nevada DMV will suspend your license for 90 days, and your license will be considered suspended from the date that they send you a notice. From the date that you receive the notice by mail, you have 10 days to request a hearing at the DMV, which I will handle if you meet with me early enough. The DMV will set the hearing one month after they get a request. During that time you are waiting for the hearing, your license will be valid. You can get a restricted license to travel to work, shopping and church after 45 days of suspension.
Nevada DUI Penalties
- At least 2 days in jail and up to 6 months; or 48 to 96 hours of community service in the florescent clothes;
- A fine of at least $585 ($810 for municipal court) and up to over $1,000 after fees;
- Pay for and take a substance abuse educational program, and successfully complete it within a deadline;
- Attend a “victim impact panel”; and
- Revocation of your driver’s license for at least 90 days.
- At least 10 days in jail and up to 6 months;
- A fine of at least $750 and up to over $1,000 after fees, or the equivalent number of hours of community service;
- Pay for and take a substance abuse therapy program, and successfully complete it within a deadline;
- Revocation of your driver’s license for at least ONE YEAR.
- Category B Felony;
- At least 1 year in jail and up to 6 years;
- A fine of at least $2,000 and up to over $5,000;
- Attend a “victim impact panel”; and
- Revocation of your driver’s license for at least THREE YEARS.
- $60 fee for chemical analysis if you have had a breath or blood test and are convicted/plead guilty to DUI.
- If you are under 21, or have blood alcohol of 0.18% (more than double the limit), or are being charged with a second offense, you owe another $100 and have to undergo an Alcohol Addiction Evaluation AND you have to attend a substance abuse treatment program. The danger of an Evaluation is that it places on your record evidence of an alcohol problem, something that will haunt you if you are ever charged for similar crimes.
- If you are found guilty, the court can choose to make you install a “breath interlock device” on your car which makes your car inoperable if you have alcohol on your breath, all at your expense. It will stay on your car for up to three years.
- On top of all of the criminal penalties, if found guilty you owe a $35 civil penalty to the DMV.
- You will be required to buy an SR-22 Proof of Financial Responsibility from your insurance company. Click for details.
Most Popular Posts
- Abogado Accidente Vegas – ¿Cuando puedo volver a tener un crédito si me declaré en bancarrota?
- “The Good Person Scholarship” – por Abogado Ryan Alexander Ganadores 2022
- “The Good Person Scholarship” – by Attorney Ryan Alexander 2022 winners!
- ¿Que hace un abogado de lesiones personales/accidentes de auto?
- 3 errores comunes que reducen la cantidad de dinero en un accidente automovilístico.
- ¿Cuando me pagarían si tengo un accidente?
- ¿Me pueden deportar si estuve en un accidente de tráfico?
- Sara Sadako Camacho- NUESTRA ESTRELLA NAVIDEÑA
- ESPERANZA Y AYUDA, SORTEO DE $10,000 DE SANTA SECRETO 2021
- Our Christmas Star – Sara Dj Sadako Camacho
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Ryan Alexander: Las Vegas DUI Attorney
Helping you understand the process of a DUI case in Las Vegas is the first step in moving forward. There’s no doubt that facing strict penalties you need a talented DUI attorney.
Award winning Attorney Ryan Alexander is an experienced trial attorney with extensive experience in DUI cases in Las Vegas. You don’t want to risk losing money, time or your freedom by using an inexperienced attorney. Call Call (702) 868-3311 to set up a free consultation and let’s get you moving in the right direction.